Muji Drawers...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recently I decided to purchase the Muji Drawers. I've always loved the way many girls set up their makeup in acrylic drawers, especially with the "Clear Cube" makeup box. But I could NEVER pay $300+ for a an acrylic storage container. It's just ridiculous (to me at least) to pay that much for a container. I rather spend that money on something that I know I will use more often, which is shoes. I have two drawers in my vanity that are organized with acrylic containers from IKEA and The Container Store that cost less than $20 each (Maybe later on I will do a Makeup Storage Blog Post). But I decided to buy the Muji drawer to put it on top of my vanity which I love! 

The case I bought was the 5 Drawer Case. I knew that my entire makeup collection wouldn't fit in here, and I was expecting it all to fit. I have A LOT of makeup and the worse thing about it is that I hardly wear makeup. But one of my New Years Resolutions was to wear more makeup or least use the makeup I have collected. 

The Muji drawer fits a lot of makeup in my opinion. But if you're expecting the drawers to be deep, you are going to be disappointed. As you can see, the drawers are not deep and many items do not fit. There are some items that you can stack but majority of the items you cannot stack. If you want to stack, a great option is getting the Large 2 Drawer Case. You will be able to stack things and fit larger makeup items. 

I personally love this case. And the best part of it all is that it was only $28. There are so many alternatives to the Clear Cube and those other really expensive acrylic cases. You don't need to spend ridiculous amount on money on a storage container. Save your money and spend it either on actual makeup or shoes, like me! :)

If you are interested in buying one go to www.muji.us

Pictures of the drawers and what fits are below...Enjoy!

Xoxo,

Lisa



This is how it looks like set up... You have room to put items on top. This is not how I set up my makeup but I wanted to show you what fits and doesn't fit in the drawers.


The front view...


All drawers are opened...




This is what I put in the top drawer... You are able to take out all drawers


I put all kinds of eyeshadows so you are able to see what fits. My YSL eye palettes are small enough to stack and the drawer is still able to close


You can fit all kinds of blush brands...



Different shapes and sizes of lipglosses...

 

You are able to fit plenty of lipsticks...


Mascaras also fit..


Things thats don't fit:


 Soleil Tan de Chanel doesn't fit...


This MAC holiday palette doesn't fit..


 Also, as you can see this Dior palette doesn't fit as well...


If you have any questions about the drawers, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment