Sanitizing...

Monday, January 28, 2013









All my friends know that when it comes to sanitizing and cleaning, I am the queen. I honestly believe I now suffer from OCD. It has become an obsession. I think going to Hong Kong and being around a culture who is very obsessive over germs and keeping everything clean really didn't help. But I don't believe is a bad (up to a certain point of course).

I noticed many women either hardly sanitize their make up, or don't sanitize at all. My view is this: You put this stuff on your face, why are you not taking care of it! I always deep wash my brushes at least once a week. I also spot them clean with MAC Brush Cleanser every day. 

For make up these are the steps I take to sanitize my makeup. Hopefully this works for you:

Things you need: Rubbing Alcohol (not drinking alcohol, Hahaha) that is 70% or greater volume, a small spray bottle, tissue, and sanitizing wipes (optional)

  • Clean the outside of the containers with sanitizing wipes. If you don't have any, just spray the alcohol and wipe it with a tissue.
  • Spray the alcohol to the makeup. I usually spray 10 inches away from the the makeup. Just spray twice. If you over do it, you can ruined the makeup.
  • Let it sit there and wait a minute or two and grab some tissue and wipe off the top layer
And there you have it. You have sanitized your makeup. It's very easy to do, and its also very good. Please be aware that makeup you cannot sanitize is mascaras, lipglosses, and anything in a liquid form.  

Hope you do this...your face and makeup will thank you!

Xoxo,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment