Halloween 2014...

Thursday, November 6, 2014





Happy Thursday!!! Since its Thursday why not make this post a “Throwback Thursday” post and talk about my Halloween.

For those who know, you know one of my favorite holidays is Halloween. For those who don’t know, well let me tell you why I love it so much. It’s the time where I can be creative and dress up as these random characters or things.





I will admit, before I was all about dressing “sexy”. But I was younger and in my young mentality that is what it was all about. Now, I like to be more creative and I like to make my own costumes instead of buying them.  And definitely that “sexy” phase has gone away. Hahaha.

Last year I was a Chanel purse. That was a huge hit with everyone. And also, I was Princess Jasmine (Huge hit with the little girls). This year I decided to be the Stanley Cup. For those who don’t know, the Stanley Cup is the trophy a hockey team wins at the Stanley Cup Final. My team, the LA Kings, won the Stanley Cup once again this year and I decided to dress up in honor of my team.

The Stanley Cup costume received a lot of attention. I was featured in many local new channels, the NHL talked about, and it was even recognized by the man who takes care of the real Stanley Cup. All the attention made me feel good and it proved that homemade costumes aren’t as bad as people think.

On Halloween Day I decided to dress up as Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Many have said that I remind them of her. Now, at first I was taking it as an insult but later on, I just embraced it. I know they are joking and I can totally make fun of myself. So I decided to dress up as her. Also, I made this costume. I decided to go and take pictures and little did I know I was going to bump into a Willy Wonka and an Oompa Loompa. When we all saw each other, we all said the same thing, “HEY!” Hahaha. We decided to take pictures there. I think that was the best thing to happened that day.

Well hope you all had a great Halloween. What did you dress up as? Let me know.

Have a great day!

Xo,

Lisa

P.S. If you would like to know how I made any of my costumes or past costumes, let me know.


Pictures taken by: The Bike Tailor







No comments:

Post a Comment