Bare legs and boots...

Wednesday, April 23, 2014



Yes, I am currently in LA. And unlike other cities, LA has been feeling like summer instead of spring. But lately the temperatures have been going down which makes it a perfect time to wear knee high boots with shorts and dresses. 



Ok, so many women are afraid of wearing knee high boots because you don’t want to look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.  But now in days there are so many styles that wont make you look like that. (Avoid patent leather knee high boots is my suggestion.) Knee high boots can be versatile. Besides wearing them with any outfit such as skirts, dresses, shorts, pants, and leggings, you can wear them during winter, as I did in Chicago, or wear them in spring as I am doing right now.

I know at first I wasn’t sure if they would look good on me because I am not tall.  I know many fashion stylist have said, “If you are short avoid knee high boots” but don’t listen to that nonsense. Like I said in previous blog entries, wear whatever you want! Yes, not every woman has those long Miranda Kerr legs but that shouldn’t stop us short girls from taking fashion risk.

Since it was a bit windy but yet warm, I decided to pair my boots with shorts. It was the perfect combination for the bizarre weather. I, of course, had heads turn because my top was longer than my shorts and a times it looked like I wasn’t wearing any bottoms. Whoops! Hahaha. It’s LA, we wear short shorts! Hahaha. How do you wear your boots? Would you ever wear them with shorts, skirts or dresses? Let me know.

Xo,
Lisa

Wearing: Top from a local boutique, Nordstrom Shorts, Prada Sunglasses, H&M Hat, Jewelry: Nordstrom’s, Kate Spade, Chloe + Isabel, Forever 21, Vintage.

Pictures taken by: The Bike Tailor






No comments:

Post a Comment