The garment...

Thursday, October 17, 2013








That caused a big scene at work.

When I bought this skirt last year from ASOS, I realized I had to get it tailored. The skirt was just so long and being 5’1 I tend to have this problem a lot. Finally after a year I found someone that specializes in leather and I was able to get it tailored for my height. I was so excited to wear it! Finally, I decided to wear it and I never knew a piece of garment would cause so much commotion at work. I mean, sure it’s a leather skirt but it’s not showing much other than my knees. It’s not a Miley Cyrus VMA’s outfit.

I decided to pair it with my favorite jean shirt. I love pairing leather with jean, I find it very now. I went to work thinking and feeling great. Until I had someone tell me, “I don’t think your skirt is very appropriate for work.” At that moment, I said to myself, “WHAT? What are you talking about, its just a leather skirt, I am not wearing short shorts!”

I rarely talk about my job or the people working there, but one thing I will say is that many dress like slobs. They wear pajamas to work!!! So for this person to say that made me get sassy and I turned around and said, “Well I don’t think dressing like a slob is appropriate for work either!” and I walked away.

Don’t worry, I didn’t go home and change. Why should I? I see nothing wrong with the outfit. I will continue on wearing this skirt to work because I can. Regardless of what anyone says…

And that’s sassy Lisa, y’all! Hahaha. Just wanted to share my little leather skirt story with you all. Hope you are all having a great week. Remember: wear what you want, just as long as you keep it classy! :)

Xo,

Lisa

Currently Wearing: ASOS Leather Skirt, Levis Jean Shirt, Zara Shoes, Prada Sunglasses, Nars Dragon Girl Lipstick, Jewelry by: Chloe and Isabel, H&M, HRH Collection, and Kate Spade

Pictures By: The Bike Tailor

No comments:

Post a Comment